I developed a highly focused test to rate the quality of an e-commerce organization’s effectiveness:
- Do you know who your ideal customer is?
- Do you market where your ideal customer hangs out?
- Are you selling what your customers *really* want?
- Can your customer easily find you?
- Can your customer easily find their product of interest on your website?
- Do you offer multiple payment methods?
- Do you offer multiple shipping methods?
- Do you segment your customers into lists, and email those lists regularly?
- Do you have an affiliate program?
- Do you have a continuity program?
- Do you perform multivariate testing?
- Do you have a complete suite of KPI reports?
A score of 12 is perfect, but at 9 or lower your e-commerce organization has serious problems! In practice, most online retailers operate at a 5 or so, and need _serious_ help!
In which of these areas are you excelling? Share your story!
In which areas could you be more effective? I can help.